Thursday, October 18, 2012

Custom Helmets

早前配合新到的頭盔,搜集了一些資料給記者好友。
因為有一個是噴上了尼屎花的,就準備了如何制作的過程和大家分享。

How-To: Paint a Metalflake Helmet by Jayme @ Blue Moon Kustoms

This article is by Jayme of Blue Moon Kustoms and originally appeared on ChopCult.comhere.
Well here's my attempt at showing a step by step helmet paint job. When Biltwell came out w/ the new megaflake helmets I was pretty stoked. It meant that I could paint their helmets and skip the metalflaking steps and save time and materials. So I start w/ a silver megaflake Biltwell helmet. The first step is to wetand it smooth w/ 320 grit paper. Then tape off the snaps and trim, and wipe it down w/ DX330.
Then you can start to tape out what you want on it. I kept it kinda simple on this one.
I decicided some lace in the side panels would be cool so I stretched some lace over the panels and taped it down.
I dusted the panels with a dark silver over the lace, then pulled the lace off.
Then I went at it with an airbrush and fogged the edges, then peeled the tape back.
Then I shot a custom mixed red/burgundy kandy over the panels.
Then I taped off the side panels and moved on to the next part. I shot a mix of tangeine/red kandy along the edges out of an airbrush.
And then I shot some pagan gold kandy over the orange/red kandy.
Then I taped off what I just shot and it was time to paint the middle panel. First I taped off some rectangles down the center. Then I dusted the edges with red kandy with an airbrush (sorry no pics). Aftter shooting the red I shot pagan gold kandy over it and pulled all the tape off. Now it's ready for clear.
And here's the helmet all cleared...



夠勁了吧?
link: http://www.lowbrowcustoms.com/index.php?l=page_view&p=tech_painting_metalflake_helmet_blue_moon_kustoms

Kustom is the spirit of american motorcycle culture.



No comments:

Post a Comment